Welcome to Eion Willis Insurance Broker
Registered Financial Adviser: FSP 72162

03 4778164
Make an Appointment with Eion Email Eion Google+

House and Contents Insurance

Your home is your castle, if catastrophe strikes, Vero house insurance products can help protect your most valuable asset.
open quote form

House & Contents

We offer a broad range of cover protecting the things that are important to you. 

Whatever the level of home insurance you’re after, we have a full range of options for all requirements.

Your house will be covered up to a maximum specified amount that you nominate. In New Zealand, house insurance has been typically based on “full-replacement” cover. However, soon most insurance companies, will offer cover based on the cost of rebuilding your home up to a maximum limit. This maximum limit is called your ‘sum insured’ and it will be your responsibility to specify what this amount should be.

What does this mean for You?

The main thing you need to know is that it will now be your responsibility to determine that your sum insured is enough to rebuild your home, and to keep this figure up-to-date.  It’s important this figure is accurate to avoid under or over-insuring your property www.need2know.org.nz can help you in calculating the cost of rebuilding your home. 

House insurance products can help protect your most valuable asset by providing you with full replacement of your house based on its floor area. House insurance also assists you when rebuilding or repairing your home by covering architects’ and engineers’ fees, demolition and debris removal fees, along with many other great benefits.


Contents insurance helps make sure that in the event of damage or theft you’ll be able to replace or repair your valuables. You can tailor contents protection to balance your insurance needs against your budget, and your possessions can be covered anywhere within New Zealand. You can decide the dollar amount your contents are insured for, based on the value of your possessions. You can also either cover the replacement / repair costs or the present day value of your contents, depending on the age and type of each item – they can discuss this with you when they call you to provide a quote. 

Combined house and contents

Combined house and contents insurance is great for those with high value houses and contents. The combined cover offered by this product provides a large level of cover where you own and occupy your home. Combined house and contents covers you for full replacement of your house based on its floor area, with no dollar limit to the overall sum insured for your contents (although there are some limits for specific items). This means you don’t have to worry about changing your policy over the years to reflect more possessions of greater value.

Rental house

A rental property may involve a substantial investment, so you want to ensure it is properly protected. Rental house insurance can help provide protection against the risks associated with residential tenancy. Designed specifically for landlords, rental house cover provides you with full replacement of your house based on its floor area.

You can easily apply for insurance online 24/7. Just click on “get a quote”, give us your details and one of our representatives will call you within 24 hours to discuss your needs. You can apply over the phone without having to fill out any forms.

You’ve worked hard for your assets, now protect them